Thursday, September 10, 2009

labor day weekend labor part 2


As promised, here is the white flower tee modeled. It looks quite different on a body than on a bed. I'm very pleased with how this came out - I definitely plan to make more (I have lots of H's old undershirts to play with). I'm considering adding a few more ruffly flowers to the neckline to thicken it up a bit.


Among other things, I got necklace happy this past weekend. There are some hits and misses, but all fun :) This red one is my favorite, and really the reason I started messing about with beads. I had this in my head for a few days, begging to be made. The beads are super cheap glass which I had for some reason or other, but they do look rather nice and modern done up this way.


This next one is what I'm wearing right now - it's super simple and (I think) chic. Just a champagne-clear glass bead on a gold chain. I paired it the other day with freshwater pearls.


For this one, I painted little wooden beads with red nail polish and strung them on the same gold chain. Fantastically light weight, and reminds me of cranberries and Christmas!


This next one is clear glass beads on a blue ribbon. Probably the least versatile, but I still like it. It was inspired by the jewelry on this wiksten post.


Following the same simple modern idea, I tried a few large wooden beads on my gold chain - I've already worn this to work, and I like it so far.


It is rdiculously late to show this, but here is the "after" photo of the jacket refashion I began in June of 2008 (here's the "before" picture) - good heavens, that took a while to get posted.


Here you can see the original idea I found online on the left, and the final result of my refashion on the right. Not too far off the mark.


Anyway, I love it and wear it a ton.


I had to rig a diamond shaped patch on the back to cover up where I took in the back - I am no expert after all :)


More pictures to come soon...

1 comment: