Wednesday, May 6, 2009

busy busy busy!


My fingers (and most of the rest of me) have been busy busy busy for the last few weeks. I was thrilled to finally find my missing knitting needles, which enabled me to finish my Grandmother's hats she requested. Yay! Both pink and blue hats are complete and safely in her hands. Just in time for summer - hmm.


Pattern: Modified Official Kitty62 Hat
Yarn: blast! I don't remember the brand. I know it's worsted weight merino wool.
Needles: US7 circulars and double pointed needles
Modifications: I added a few rows after the sead stitching and before the reduction rows, and left the ears off.

Here it is on my head (it looks soooo cute on my g'ma). Also my sister gave me that shirt - it's organic cotton and so pretty! I love it.


Here is a shot of the blue hat underway. I finished it in the car on the way home for my sister's and my birthday weekend, and attached the pompoms right there in her kitchen. The birthday weekend was tons of fun! Lots of eating out, visiting galleries, picture taking, cake eating, and general togetherness with family. My idea of a great time.


This here is my second try at homemade ice cream - strawberry! I've been wanting to try it ever since I read domesticat's post back in 2005. I go the recipe from Williams Sonoma (as usual). Very popular with yours truly, but not nearly as popular with H. He's partial to the chocolate batch. All the more for me :)


It was actually extremely hard not to eat the entire bowl of custard and strawberries in this stage. De-lishus.


Most recently of all I sorted through a huge stash of sewing supplies I got from my mother's gardening helper. Her mother died and left her with an enormous amount of crafting supplies. A lot of it was very costumey, but my mom and sisters and I managed to grab up some good stuff. My sister has been storing 5 trash bags full under her bed for months now. I finally got it over the birthday weekend. I think I still have to get some antique sewing patterns out of my mom's mini warehouse.


These beautiful lacy tablecloths and doilies are from my mother. They're old and stained, but I'm not sure I have it in me to cut them up, so we'll see what they become. Perhaps just tablecloths :) Can you believe how pretty that embroidery is?

I'm very excited about these particular fabrics too...and check out my pink and red ribbon! I have been dreaming about what I can do with that pink velvet ribbon. I see being busy in the future for sure...

1 comment:

  1. What a fun filled post! I love the pink pom poms!! :) And that embroidery is so gorgeous! I love it! (I'd have a hard time cutting it up too!

    ReplyDelete