Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I scream, you scream...



Behold, my very first foray into ice cream making! Incidentally, the archaic definition of foray is to ravage in search of spoils : to pillage. How appropriate :) H was certainly pillaging in the kitchen while this was hardening in the freezer. It took much longer than we expected. We'd both pull it out and poke at it hopefully, then when the spoon sank right in our faces would fall. Hehe. This didn't last very long once it was hard :)



Here it is in my state-of-the-art double boiler. Yummers! I got the recipe here, and I highly recommend it. I want to try it next time with fancier chocolate (I used ghirardelli, but who are we kidding, wouldn't valrhona be way better?) Speaking of which I am dancing up and down to try this "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe. Those valrhona disks look so amazingly decadent - and no need to chop this fancy chocolate. How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! I wish we my computer was scratch and sniff!! I'm definitely going to check that recipe out!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete