Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Handmade Goodies

Allow me to introduce some beautiful gifts from my siblings. My brother-in-law made two gorgious pens on a lathe, one for me and one for H.


The blue one is mine, and is made from a material I don't recall which was apparently very difficult to work with (sounds like me). The wooden one is H's, and is made from discarded wooden trim my BIL found in New York when they were helping us move. That means so much to H that he nearly killed me when I dropped it. Ahee. He has it hanging on one of our little entry way hooks so he can see it as he comes and goes everyday.


This gift is super special - it's not handmade, but it means ever so much. I used to have one of these when I was little, and I of course broke it to bits and cried a river. It's a seashell coin purse, which is ideal considering I've just moved to the beach.


I seriously considered putting it in my new purse, but I remembered crying over the last one, so this one is sitting safely on my bookshelf. I haven't decided yet what I should put in it...any ideas?


This wonderful stuff is handmade facial cleanser from my SIL. It is wonderful stuff. She has rosemary mixed in which is one of my favorite smells. This is just gritty enough for exfoliation, while still being gentle - it leaves the skin soft as a flower petal. Cheers!


This is also from my SIL, though you can see it's not handmade. I just aboslutely love the design of the tube - it makes me happy everytime I see it :) It also smells heavenly and is shea butter!

In my next post I need to show off pictures of my most intricate handmade gift from my sister. I'll give you a hint - it's short and stout :)

4 comments:

  1. We scored big-time this year with all the cool goodies! Does the mystery gift have cute song written about it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shell piece is so gorgeous!! I would want to keep it with me too!! So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Them pens are neato. I want to buy 17.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Feist is my FAVE!! You will love her! And she only has 2 albums out, so it's easy to catch up! Enjoy exploring, and let me know what you think!! :)

    ReplyDelete